The frantic pace of coffee culture in cities like New York, London, and Copenhagen finds its polar ...
Famous for its parks, palaces, galleries and museums, Sweden’s capital is a globally important economic center spread across islands of great natural beauty.
Stockholm stands on 14 islands that dot the surface of Lake Mälaren, Sweden’s third-largest lake. Visit the country’s capital, which was established in the 1200s, to discover art galleries, historical museums, palaces and public parks.
Getting around Stockholm is easy on foot since many of the major attractions are within walking distance of the city center. The city also has an efficient public transportation system and over 450 miles (760 kilometers) of bikeways. Rent a bike and explore the historical route through the Royal National City Park or take boat trips on the waterways, which make up 30 percent of the city. Go to Djurgården to find major Stockholm attractions. See a slice of Sweden’s rural traditions and spot Nordic wildlife at Skansen, one of the world’s oldest open-air museums. At the Vasa Museum, learn about a royal battleship that sank on its maiden voyage. Explore the Nordic Museum to find out why Swedes celebrate Midsummer. Younger visitors will enjoy meeting storybook characters at Junibacken, a children’s museum and entertainment center.
Take a walk around Gamla Stan, Stockholm’s oldest district. Visit Stockholm Royal Palace and watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony. Discover the history of the Nobel Prize at the Nobel Museum. While in this area, stop by the famous Den Gyldene Freden restaurant, which opened in 1722.
Art lovers will appreciate Stockholm’s range of galleries. Spot work by European masters at the Museum of Modern Art and find contemporary photography exhibitions at Fotografiska. Find sculptures by revered Swedish sculptor Carl Eldh in Bellevue Park. Free live events are a big part of the Stockholm arts scene as well. We Are Stockholm is a multi-day August music and sports festival for teens at King’s Garden.
Take a boat trip to the Stockholm archipelago and explore over 20,000 islands. Discover beaches, walking trails and medieval architecture in towns such as Sandhamn and Vaxholm. In the height of summer enjoy a Stockholm sunset at 11 p.m.
We can arrange a variety of transportation options throughout Europe to make your Europe vacation truly spectacular. Whether you simply need transportation between the airport and hotel, or you want to charter a private yacht or jet, we offer you choice and will manage the important details.
While traveling in the Russia we recommend :
- Arrange round-trip transfers with the hotel concierge in advance.
- Arrange a rental car with the hotel concierge.
- The Swedish Krona is the official currency of Sweden.
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern standard Time.
- Central Standard Time which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- Eastern European Time which is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- A passport is required when traveling outside of your country. If any passenger carries anything other than a Passport supplied by your home country, please contact the Consulate of the country(s) you are visiting to verify document requirements. If you do not have appropriate documentation, you will be denied entry. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your return trip for international travel.