Moscow has a lot of elevators--upward of a hundred and twenty thousand, which is more than twice as...
On the jarring, 12-hour drive from St Petersburg to Moscow, another Russia comes into view, one whe...
on archive.org The catalog from a sizable retrospective of the Guggenheim museum's signature artist...
This area of Moscow Oblast contains around 10,400,000 inhabitants.
If you want to start your trip with the city's most renowned sights, Red Square and Moscow Kremlin ought to be at the very top of your itinerary.
If you're traveling with the family, set aside some time to check out the terrific child-friendly attractions. Pack a daypack and head to Kva-Kva Aquapark and Waterpark Caribia. The Russian Fairy-tales Museum is also not to be missed.
Your kids can spend a whole afternoon walking around and looking at the local and exotic species at the Moscow Zoo and the Otrada Amusement Park and Zoo.
Enjoy the range of plants on display when you and your family make a trip to the Moscow Botanical Gardens and the Central Botanical Garden. Budding horticulturalists might also want to check out the displays at the Aptekarskiy Ogorod Botanical Garden and the Botanical Garden of Academy of Sciences.
Pack some lunch and take five in the leafy surroundings of Victory Park and the Alexander Gardens. You'll also find plenty of room to lounge about in the grass at Sokolniki Park and Hermitage Garden.
Need to escape the stresses of modern life? Head out on an adventure to Bitsa Park and Lossiny Ostrov National Park. Sparrow Hills and Troparevsky Forest Park are also popular with nature lovers.
See the world from a new perspective with some time at one of the area's wonderfully curated cultural spaces. Savor the contemplative atmosphere as you check out the collections at the State Historical Museum and the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts. Another two worth considering are the Kremlin Armoury Museum and the State Tretyakov Gallery.
We can arrange a variety of transportation options throughout Europe to make your Europe vacation truly spectacular. Whether you simply need transportation between the airport and hotel, or you want to charter a private yacht or jet, we offer you choice and will manage the important details.
While traveling in Russia we recommend :
- Private transfers at time of booking - All transfers include a meet-and-greet by English-speaking drivers, luggage assistance, and bottled water in modern vehicles to and from all points of entry as well as between cities.
- The Russian Ruble is the official currency of Russia.
- Restaurants: 5-15%
- Porters: $1-$2 in Rubles
- Taxi's: $10
- Moscow, Russia is GMT + 2 hours
Europe spans three time zones:
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern standard Time.
- Central Standard Time which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- Eastern European Time which is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
Follow @MoscowTimes Russia's only daily newspaper in English. Covering business, politics and culture in Russia and the CIS since 1992....
- A passport is required when traveling outside of your country. If any passenger carries anything other than a Passport supplied by your home country, please contact the Consulate of the country(s) you are visiting to verify document requirements. If you do not have appropriate documentation, you will be denied entry. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your return trip for international travel.