on unesdoc.unesco.org A review of the damage to the city - especially its famous rooftops and stone...
on hnb.hr While the Republic of Ragusa (centered on present-day Dubrovnik) was one of the smallest ...
on yorku.ca An attempt to untangle the complexities of the nine-month siege of the city by the Serb...
Take a trip to Dubrovnik, which is less than 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) to the south of Dubrovnik - Southern Dalmatia. If you are coming from the Dubrovnik Airport in Dubrovnik - Southern Dalmatia, Dubrovnik is 11 miles (18 kilometers) to the northwest.
While you are in the area, be sure to spend a few hours sightseeing in surrounding neighborhoods like Babin Kuk, Old Town and Lapad.
To really understand Dubrovnik - Southern Dalmatia, head to one of its many cultural destinations. Browse the interactive and traditional museums and collections in the Dubrovnik Aquarium and Maritime Museum.
If the sun is shining, do what the locals do and head outside to the nearby parks and reserves. The natural reserves such as Mt. Srd, show visitors the birds, trees and plants that exist in the region.
While you are in and around Dubrovnik, be sure to visit Dominican Monastery, the Dubrovnik City Hall and Gundulic Square. The Dubrovnik - Southern Dalmatia area features some fascinating relics from yesteryear; don’t miss Sponza Palace, Pile Gate and the Fort of St. John. The Church of St. Blaise offer those exploring Dubrovnik - Southern Dalmatia the opportunity to better understand the part religion has played in the area.
We can arrange a variety of transportation options throughout Europe to make your Europe vacation truly spectacular. Whether you simply need transportation between the airport and hotel, or you want to charter a private yacht or jet, we offer you choice and will manage the important details.
While traveling in the Croatia we recommend :
- Private transfers at time of booking - All transfers include a meet-and-greet by English-speaking drivers, luggage assistance, and bottled water in modern vehicles to and from all points of entry as well as between cities.
- The Kuna is the official currency. Exchange rates vary by currency and economic seasonality.
- Restaurants: The usual is 10%
- Porters: $1
- Taxis: Round up
- Croatia is GMT + 1
Europe spans three time zones:
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern standard Time.
- Central Standard Time which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- Eastern European Time which is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- A passport is required when traveling outside of your country. If any passenger carries anything other than a Passport supplied by your home country, please contact the Consulate of the country(s) you are visiting to verify document requirements. If you do not have appropriate documentation, you will be denied entry. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your return trip for international travel.